LRIS Collective Commitments
At Lava Ridge we are dedicated to doing what is BEST for ALL Students by:
Teaming: (Department & Interdisciplinary)
- Being an active member of a high functioning Collaborative Interdisciplinary Team/Department and successfully using the LRIS academic & behavior intervention plan. (Will/Skill)
- Identifying, implementing , and assessing all GVCs as a department.
- Using CSIP as a home to post:
- GVCs/Clarifying GVCs/Learning Targets
- Action plans
- Data Collection
- Evidence of RTI steps
- Evidence of student growth.
- Maintaining and updating an informative department website.
- Knowing students well enough to respond to and support their emotional concerns/needs.
- Positively supporting Advisory Class/PBIS for interventions.
- Checking Advisory document before end of announcements to verify where students are requested.
- Keep students you requested in your room for the whole period.
- Communicating with home on a regular basis
- Voice to Voice if a student has an NP, 2 weeks before end of trimester
- Attendance Concerns – 3 unknown consecutive absences or 2 absences in 20 days
- Providing quality TIER One teaching/instruction daily.
- CHAMPS posted, implemented and used in classrooms.
- Monitoring all student’s learning through frequent CFAs, benchmarks and data analysis to provide appropriate and adequate interventions.
- Implement reading in ALL content areas.
- All students and teachers participate in mindful minute and listen to all of the morning announcements.
- Making sure that all students’ grades are current in Powerschool every Friday.
- Use Schoology to assist students and families
- Complete roll taking in the first 10 minutes of each class period.
- Modeling professional use of technology during school hours.
- Teach all school planned lessons when calendared and hold students to these defined standards. (Organization, Policies & Procedures, Technology, PBIS, etc.)
- Being an active participant in ALL Professional Developments. (Friday 12:30-2:30)
- Reading monthly memos/emails to be updated on school happenings.
- Checking emails before school, after school and periodically throughout the day.
- Greeting students at the door.
- School Assemblies/Activities: all faculty members attend.
- Maintaining a high standard of professional dress and grooming.